(These answers come from test papers and essays submitted to science and
health teachers by junior high, high school, and college students around the
world. This is the science created by young scholars under pressure of time and
- "The moon is a planet just like the earth, only it is even
- "A super-saturated solution is one that holds more than it can
- "The tides are a fight between the Earth and moon. All water tends
towards the moon, because there is no water in the moon, and nature abhors a
vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight."
- "Equator: A managerie lion running around the Earth through
- "Liter: A nest of young puppies."
- "Magnet: Something you find crawling all over a dead
- "Momentum: What you give a person when they are going
- "Planet: A body of Earth surrounded by sky."
- "Vacuum: A large, empty space where the pope
- "H2O is hot water, and CO2 is cold water"
- "Water is composed of two gins, Oxygin and Hydrogin. Oxygin is pure
gin. Hydrogin is gin and water."
- "To collect fumes of sulphur, hold a deacon over a flame in a test
- "When you smell an oderless gas, it is probably carbon monoxide"
- "Nitrogen is not found in Ireland because it is not found in a free
- "Three kinds of blood vessels are arteries, vanes and
- "Blood flows down one leg and up the other."
- "When you breathe, you inspire. When you do not breathe, you
- "The body consists of three parts- the brainium, the borax and the
abominable cavity. The brainium contains the brain, the borax contains the
heart and lungs, and the abominable cavity contains the bowels, of which
there are five - a, e, i, o, and u."
- "The skeleton is what is left after the insides have been taken out
and the outsides have been taken off. The purpose of the skeleton is
something to hitch meat to."
- "A permanent set of teeth consists of eight canines, eight cuspids,
two molars, and eight cuspidors."
- "Dew is formed on leaves when the sun shines down on them and makes
- "Mushrooms always grow in damp places and so they look like umbrellas."
- "The pistol of a flower is its only protection agenst insects."
- "Germinate: To become a naturalized German."
- "Rhubarb: A kind of celery gone bloodshot."
- "A fossil is an extinct animal. The older it is, the more extinct it
- "Before giving a blood transfusion, find out if the blood is
affirmative or negative."
- "To remove dust from the eye, pull the eye down over the nose."
- "For a nosebleed: Put the nose much lower than the body until the
- "For dog bite: put the dog away for several days. If he has not
recovered, then kill it."
- "For asphyxiation: Apply artificial respiration until the patient is
- "For head cold: use an agonizer to spray the nose until it drops in
- "To keep milk from turning sour: Keep it in the
(From WQXR-AM and -FM in New York)
- "Refrain means don't do it. In music it's the part you better not
- "Handel was half German, half Italian and half English. He was rather
- "Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he
wrote loud music."
- "Henry Purcell is a well-known composer few people have heard
- "Aaron Copeland is a contemporary composer. It is unusual to be
contemporary. Most composers do not live until they are dead."
- "Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel."
- "I know what a sextet is, but I'd rather not say."
- "Caruso was at first an Italian. then someone heard his voice and
said he would go a long way. And so he came to America."